Friday, August 24, 2012

Red, Red Go Away

When the doctors and nurses told me about the immediate side effects of radiation, no one mentioned the fact that I would start to look like the Batman character Two Face.

Currently, from my chest to the bottom half of my face, my skin is raw, peely, and a range of blotchy shades of red, white, and tan.

So not a good look.

I know this is temporary and if it means Little Hodgy is gone for good, it's totally worth it, but I'd really rather not spend the final days of summer hibernating because I scare away all the children I come in contact with.

I'll spare you pictures of what I currently look like, but here are a couple pics of the radiation room where I received my daily treatment:

The evil machine that made me look like Two Face


Me, in the radiation machine

No comments:

Post a Comment